duplicate acctuniqueid problem

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 18:59:16 CEST 2015

Hi Alan:

>> On Jun 4, 2015, at 7:02 AM, d tbsky <tbskyd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 3. use my notebook to login AP. fr can not create a new accounting
>>> entry, it seems "Acct-Session-Id" will be reused
>>
>>   Your AP is broken.  Throw it in the garbage, and buy one that follows the RADIUS standards.  RFC 2866 Section 5.5 says that the Acct-Session-Id is unique to each session.
>>

>    my test AP is running openwrt + hostpad. I think the
> Acct-Session-Id is unique for every live session. but after reboot the
> Acct-Session-Id will be re-used again. I check RFC 2866, but it didn't
> say Acct-Session-id should be unique after reboot. but maybe the AP
> should make it unique for every session ever connected?  I am confused
> about this..

  just find out the latest  hostapd 2.4 changelog
(https://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/plain/hostapd/ChangeLog):

fixed Accounting-Request to not include duplicated Acct-Session-Id

    so I think the AP should really keep the Acct-Session-Id unique
even after reboot?
and maybe I can keep the AP now. open source rocks!!

Regards,
tbskyd