Howto use rlm_python or how another way to use "rocket codes"

Jesse Schlüter jesse.schlueter at helix360.de
Wed Jun 10 13:26:00 CEST 2015

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find a simple solution for the following problem.

I have a device for which I need authentication in form of a username and
pre-generated one-time-pads. The device speaks radius flawlessly, so I
though the easiest setup would be a radius server.

The authentication system should be as small and rugged as possible, so no
fancy stuff around ist wanted. This is supposed to an access of last resort
to certain systems. So it should be working even if everything else is
breaking down (like active-directory and stuff like that).

Finally I found out that it is possible to "program" my own authentication
plugin using python for freeradius. There is only one problem: zero
documentation.

I found the python example "prepaid.py" somewhere on the internet, so I was
able to put my own module together. But how do I tell freeradius to use
this module? I am not a freeradius expert, and I went through the wiki, but
again, documentation seems to be sparse on details.

Thanks for any hints,
Jesse

--
Jesse Schlüter