Freeradius authentication from Postgres?

Kim Halavakoski khalavakoski at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 15:54:05 CEST 2015

Hello,
Is it possible to get user authentication from an existing database containing fields for username and password and use this info in authenticating Radius users?
What kind of configuration would this require, as I would not like to change the existing database structure with new fields and I just need the usernames and passwords from the database, any other required configurations can be done in static configuration files if needed.

Effectively just replacing the following user file to be fetched from a database with username and password fields:

> testuser Cleartext-Password := "password"

Anybody have example configurations for such a setup?

Best regards,

Kim Halavakoski
khalavakoski at gmail.com

Sent from my mobile device, excuse my clawfingerness!