rewrite attribute in freeradius 3

Dave Aldwinckle daldwinc at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jun 11 14:14:47 CEST 2015

Hi Aleksander,

You shouldn't need to rewrite User-Name like that.

Look at:
/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/realm and
/etc/raddb/proxy.conf

Particularly, in proxy.conf...

<SNIP>
         #  Normally, when an incoming User-Name is matched against the
         #  realm, the realm name is "stripped" off, and the "stripped"
         #  user name is used to perform matches.
         #
         #  e.g. User-Name = "bob at example.com" will result in two new
         #  attributes being created by the "realms" module:
         #
         #       Stripped-User-Name = "bob"
         #       Realm = "example.com"
         #
         #  The Stripped-User-Name is then used as a key in the "users"
         #  file, for example.
         #
         #  If you do not want this to happen, uncomment "nostrip" below.
         #
         # nostrip
</SNIP>

Dave Aldwinckle