ippool configuration

Randeep randeep123 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 17:30:24 CEST 2015

Hi,

I've installed a freeradius server. Now I am trying to configure the ip
pool.

I have done the following.
In /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf I have uncommented  $INCLUDE sqlippool.conf
In /etc/raddb/sqlippool.conf I have uncommented $INCLUDE
sql/mysql/ippool.conf
in /etc/raddb/sql/mysql/ippool.conf I haven't made any changes.

in /etc/raddb/modules/ippool,
I have set the range, netmask etc.

But I couldn't understand what exactly is  session-db = ${db_dir}/db.ippool
and no ip is allocating for the client.

I tested it with the debug mode. Couldnt find any logs related to this
though.

is it possible to see the ip address given to the request in the radtest
command line client?

Also,
This ip pool is for the local ips right? Where we can configure the public
IP to private IP mapping? This has to be done on the NAS side?

Please help
--
Randeep
Mob: +919447831699[kerala]