Setting up centralized authentication for Linux SSH users

Daniel Bray dbray925 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 21:39:34 CEST 2015

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 3:22 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>   PLEASE don't change the meaning or contents of the existing tables.  That will confuse anyone who expects the standard meaning.

Actually, once I looked at how detailed the below queries could get, I
noticed I really didn't need the pre-blanks so I removed all the
above.

>   Databases should store data.  If your rules require 10+ if/then/else statements which are all identical but for "vendor"... that data belongs in a database.  Create a custom schema of user name, NAS IP, group, and vendor.  Then write ONE select statement which pulls information from SQL.

True, and good idea.  Right now, we just have 1 or 2 vendors to worry
about, so I was doing this as a sort of proof of concept, and also as
a means to use what daloRADIUS comes with.