CallingStation ID

Andrés Gómez andres.gomez.ruiz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 22:36:39 CEST 2015

Hi everybody!!

I'm trying to do a web based authentication and a MAC auth with the same
NAS, so I plan to take the data in the table raddacct (calingstationid) in
the first login of each user, to create a new user in the radcheck table
for the MAC auth in the next sessions of the same user.

Example.

User1 -> web based auth -> radacct data -> callingstationid (MAC)
taking callingstationid -> radcheck username

I made it manually and it works, but I have an issue.

The CallingStationID is written in this way: 90-4E-2B-61-BF-E3

But, the MAC auth request is arriving in this way: 904e2b61bfe3

So If I copy the callingstationid from raddacct table, to the radcheck
table, the MAC auth won't work; because the formats of data are differents.

How can I modify the calling station ID that will be written in the radacct
table?
I have read that there are some ulang lines in the policy.conf file, but I
don't understand how to use them.

Regards,

--
*C. Andrés Gómez R.*