v3.0.8: Failure message does not appear in radius.log

Lai Fu Keung tfklai at hku.hk
Tue Jun 30 16:43:57 CEST 2015

>>     Login incorrect: [mytest]
>>
>> while I was expecting this:
>>
>>     Login incorrect (mschap: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect): [mytest]
>
> no. you just get basic values with the default config

I thought the default config should include the failure error message. This was the case when I was using v1.1.8.

Sorry for my ignorance, but which attribute is this error message "MS-CHAP2 Response is incorrect" stored?

How do I include this error in radius.log? It seems I have no control on the radius.log format.

>> Module-Failure-Message is empty too when I try to
> do linelog in Post-Auth-Reject. What have I missed in > the configration?
>
> to log the error message you need to add the module
> failure message to the linelog config
>

> %{Module-Failure-Message}

Yes, I did. See the debug log below:

(9) linelog: EXPAND %S,%{reply:Packet-Type},%{Packet-Src-IP-Address},%{NAS-IP-Address},%{User-Name},%{Calling-Station-Id},%{%{Aruba-Essid-Name}:-%{Called-Station-Id}},%{reply:Reply-Message},%{%{reply:Module-Failure-Message}:-%{Module-Failure-Message}}

But %{Module-Failure-Message} has no value stored.

Thanks for any help.

Fu