MACSEC on Cisco 3750-X and FreeRADIUS 2.2.5

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 3 15:03:12 CET 2015

On 03/03/15 13:19, Krause, Kilian wrote:

> [peap] Session established.  Decoding tunneled attributes.
> [peap] Peap state WAITING FOR SOH RESPONSE
> [peap] EAP type 254
> [peap] SoH - extended eap vendor 00000000 is not Microsoft

As far as I can tell, this is illegal PEAP tunnel content, per the
MS-PEAP spec (which I followed when I implemented the SoH stuff)

If you think this is causing the problem - and I'm by no means convinced
- then your client isn't following the only documented, up-to-date PEAP
spec, and you'll need to disable SoH.