rlm_cache_memcached not installing

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Mar 5 23:34:23 CET 2015

On Mar 5, 2015, at 4:31 PM, Donald Sherker <dsherker at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using freeradius 3.0.7 and want to be able to use the
> rlm_cache_memcached driver to cache data between two servers.  I have
> memcached, memcached-devel, libmemcached, and libmemcached-devel
> installed on the server.  When I compile freeradius i get the
> following error:

  Which means it can’t find the memcached headers or libraries.

> Here is the information on the memcached and libmemcached packages
> that are installed on the servers:

  That’s not helpful.  Where is libmemcached.so?  Where are the header files?

> I feel like I am missing something simple here and appreciate any help.

  The packages install the memcache libraries and headers in a place where the system linker and compiler can’t find them.  This isn’t a FreeRADIUS problem.  Your system and/or the packages are broken.

  You *can* work around it by telling FreeRADIUS where the files are.  But first you have to know where the files are.