can EAP-PEAP-GTC use email pop3 server to authenticate?

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 03:26:44 CET 2015

> On Mar 18, 2015, at 11:45 AM, d tbsky <tbskyd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  3. I can not combine above to the final result. I can not use
>> EAP-PEAP-GTC from windows to authenticate via pop3 server.
>
>   Yes, you can.  Look at the configuration for the eap-gtc module.  It has an “auth_type” entry.  Set that to POP3, and it shouldl work.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

Hi Alan:
      thanks a lot for your confirm!  I almost thought that my concept
is wrong and this can not be done..
what you suggest  is something I want to do but don't know how.

     I found there are are two places seems related to eap-gtc module
configuration.
they are  "/etc/raddb/mods-available/eap" and
"/etc/raddb/mods-available/inner-eap" (this one is not enabled by
default at scientific linux 7)
according to the comment at the "gtc" section, it seems you can set
the "auth_type" to "Local" or "PAP". if I set it to "POP3", "radiusd
-X" failed and said:

rlm_eap_gtc: Unknown Auth-Type POP3
rlm_eap (EAP): Failed to initialise rlm_eap_gtc
/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/eap[17]: Instantiation failed for module "eap"

      I must miss something here. thanks again for your kindly help!!

Regards,
tbskyd