can EAP-PEAP-GTC use email pop3 server to authenticate?

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:25:21 CET 2015

>> On Mar 18, 2015, at 11:45 AM, d tbsky <tbskyd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>  3. I can not combine above to the final result. I can not use
>>> EAP-PEAP-GTC from windows to authenticate via pop3 server.
>>
>>   Yes, you can.  Look at the configuration for the eap-gtc module.  It has an “auth_type” entry.  Set that to POP3, and it shouldl work.
>>
>>   Alan DeKok.

Hi Alan:

     follow your hint, I focus on "auth_type" setting, finally I found
if I want to setup "auth_type = POP3", I need to add a line to
"/usr/share/freeradius/dictionary.freeradius.internal" like below:

     VALUE   Auth-Type                       POP3                    1066

     and everything works!! but as I know I should not edit that file
directly. could you suggest a way so system knows the "POP3"
user-defined method?
     thanks for your help!

Regards,
tbskyd