FreeRADIUS 3.x roadmap ?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Mar 19 13:54:38 CET 2015

On Mar 18, 2015, at 5:03 AM, RESTOUX, Loïc <loic.restoux at capgemini.com> wrote:
> I found a roadmap of the 2.x branch of FreeRADIUS on the wiki. Is there something similar for the 3.x branches ?
> More specifically, I need to know if you're going to release the 3.0.8 version in the next weeks.

  We’re probably going to release 3.0.8 in 2 weeks.  We do need more testing of the v3.0.x git head.

  In general, there’s no release roadmap.  The releases are done when they’re done.  We don’t have resources to have a fixed release schedule.  Real life often gets in the way of new features.

  We do have plans for the 3.1 branch, which will involve some re-architecture of the server core.  The goal is to simplify the configuration and code, while keeping it backwards compatible with 3.0.