VLAN assignment with Certificate attributes

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Mar 19 14:21:42 CET 2015

On Mar 19, 2015, at 9:06 AM, Gérold Mougenel <g.mougenel at gmail.com> wrote:

> My fault sorry didn't finished my mail :
>
> But with a certificate, how can you precise in which VLAN you want an user
> to be ?

  That question makes no sense.   A certificate is just a certificate.  It doesn’t contain any VLAN information.  You can’t assign a VLAN with a certificate.

  You *can* assign certificates based on User-Names.  But that’s the same as with PAP authentication.

  You have to assign VLANs the RADIUS way.  The authentication method doesn’t matter.

  I’ve already explained this.  What else do I need to say to make you believe it?