questions about 3.0.7 under load using file listen server

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Mar 19 18:11:11 CET 2015

On Mar 19, 2015, at 11:54 AM, adrian.p.smith at bt.com wrote:
> We are running 3.0.7 and writing packets to a file to be read by a detail server.
>
> We find that, when the server is under a lot of client load the detail server stops working. When the load reduces, the detail server resumes sending packets.

  That’s not the intended design.  The only configuration parameter you can adjust is the load_factor.  If that’s set to 100, then it should read packets as fast as it can.

  BUT it’s FIFO, and only as fast as the rest of the server.  i.e. if the server is busy, the packet will take a while to be processed, and the detail file reader will slow down.

 Debug output should help here.  What, exactly, is going on when the detail file reader is doing nothing?