How to use rewrite.called_station_id IN dynamic clients authorize section

James Wood james.wood at purplewifi.com
Thu Mar 26 14:49:06 CET 2015

Hi Ben

I use the rewrite.called_station_id in the sites-enabled/default file in the relevant places and that works fine, but this particular question is regarding the sites-enabled/dynamic-clients file authorize section.

As mentioned before I think it's having trouble because at this stage, Called-Station-Id is not available, only raw:Called-Station-Id. The normal attributes don't become available until FreeRadius has authed the NAS and explodes the packet.

That's my understanding anyway, could be wrong!

Thanks

James