How to use rewrite.called_station_id IN dynamic clients authorize section

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Mar 26 17:14:22 CET 2015

On Mar 26, 2015, at 9:32 AM, James Wood <james.wood at purplewifi.com> wrote:
> When you are not supplying the kit to customers, and they are big enterprise
> level customers, they will not install anything 3rd party in their existing
> network. You try getting them to install an extra piece of kit they don't
> know anything about ;) They won't do it.

  If they’re running a WiFi network with RADIUS, they should understand RADIUS.  And use it properly.

  Heck, if they’re running *your* captive portal, your captive portal should be able to do IPSec to your central system.

  I just don’t see any reason for allowing random IPs to talk to a central RADIUS server.  It’s a terrible design.  It’s insecure, unstable, and hard to maintain.