Help PLease

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Mar 26 21:13:38 CET 2015

Hi,
> What do I test the authentication with besides the local host? I am new to
> this radius thing. When I go to login to wifi I do not see anything in the
> debug output that is showing someone is logging in.

in that case, it looks like your wireless controller or NAS is unable to send its RADIUS
datagrams to the RADIUS server.  ensure that the access point, controller...or generic term
'NAS' is configured to use 802.1X WPA2 enterprise for the wireless SSID and that it
has the IP address of your RADIUS server and ensure that it has the access to that server
(eg if using standard RADIUS, UDP port 1812 make sure that the NAS has the ability to
REACH the server on that port with that protocol (n ACL or firewall on network) and that
the server itself is allowing it (so no eg iptables firewall blocking the traffic). if
you dont see any output in radiusd -X  then thats usually a sign of no required L2/L3 to the
server from the NAS

alan