FreeRADIUS High Availability with AD Integration

Vinícius Ferrão vinicius at ferrao.eti.br
Mon Mar 30 22:45:50 CEST 2015

Hello guys,

Sorry if this is a question that was already answered on this list. I've looked over the web and the only documentation that I found was about FreeRADIUS with MySQL HA, which I'm not interested.

I've a single FreeRADIUS 3 server integrated in a AD domain to provide 802.1x authentication over the air and in the Ethernet cable. It's working perfectly, but I would like to implement an High Availability feature.

The question is how to do this? Just install another FreeRADIUS server independently and everything would be fine? Since the supplicants can use two distinct RADIUS servers.

Thanks in advance,