accounting data to syslog

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 4 21:28:47 CEST 2015

On May 4, 2015, at 2:35 PM, Munroe Sollog <mus3 at lehigh.edu> wrote:
> I've read:
> http://networkradius.com/doc/FreeRADIUS%20Technical%20Guide.pdf
> as well as
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/config/Configuration-files
>
> Neither of those places seem to even mention how the accounting {} is configured.

  That isn't true.

  The technical guide describes what accounting is, and how it's configured in the server.  The comments in the "default" virtual server also describe what the "accounting" section does, and how it's used.

  It DOES NOT give you explicit instructions on how to configure your exact situation.  It requires you to put a little thought into it yourself.

>   For anyone else
> for future reference, I did find a mailing-list message with enough information that I was able to
> divine how to configure the various pieces:
>
> http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2011-May/053782.html

  Which describes how to use the "linelog" module in the "accounting" section.

  If that's what you wanted, you should have asked *that* question, instead of a question about the "detail" files.

  Quite frankly, it's offensive to ask a bad question, and then get upset about the answers.  If you're going to complain to the people who help you for free, I suggest buying a commercial server.