Failed to create pair

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun May 10 17:14:36 CEST 2015

On May 10, 2015, at 11:00 AM, <escalanterj at gmail.com> <escalanterj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Below the whole dubug. It might be a very simple question, but if I don’t know what to change, I cannot change.

  Then find out.  This is what you MUST be doing as a RADIUS / SQL administrator.

  Right now, you're giving up as soon as you run into a problem.  This is a problem.

> You mean that in my radcheck table, instead of password in attribute I should save cleartext-password?

   <sigh>  If you want repeated reassurance, go back and read my messages again.

> (0) sql : EXPAND %{User-Name}
> (0) sql :    --> 10153350973434668 at facebook
> (0) sql : SQL-User-Name set to '10153350973434668 at facebook'
> rlm_sql (sql): Reserved connection (4)
> (0) sql : EXPAND SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op           FROM radche                                             ck           WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}'           ORDER BY id
> (0) sql :    --> SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op           FROM radche                                             ck           WHERE username = '10153350973434668 at facebook'           ORDER BY id
> rlm_sql (sql): Executing query: 'SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op                                                        FROM radcheck           WHERE username = '10153350973434668 at facebook'                                                        ORDER BY id'
> rlm_sql: Failed to create the pair: Invalid vendor name in attribute name "Passw                                             ord"
> rlm_sql (sql): Error parsing user data from database result

  The server prints out the SQL SELECT statement for a reason.  If you are unable to figure out what it means, go learn more about your SQL database.  Then, look in your database, and fix the problem.  That process requires knowledge about SQL, not FreeRADIUS.

  This is no longer an appropriate topic for the FreeRADIUS list.  And I personally will not be answering any more questions about it.