Failed to create pair: unknown attribute "Max-All-Session"

Ben Humpert ben at an3k.de
Sun May 10 20:17:19 CEST 2015

I guess your old FR version was 3.0.3 and the new version is 3.0.8? If
so, check the changes made with every version after 3.0.3 until
version 3.0.8 and look for Max-All-Session (the new attribute name
should be named). Then after you get to know the new attribute name
you just have to change the field name in your mysql database.

The changelog is located at http://freeradius.org/press/index.html

However, I quickly checked the changelog and couldn't find any
information about Max-All-Session so I guess you either had some
custom scripting in your old server but not your new server and thus
getting this error or you broke something.

Have you read http://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_sqlcounter ?

You also want to check
http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2015-April/076858.html
because it is about the same problem. Or maybe this
http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2009-July/039984.html
too.

I don't use MySQL or any accounting (yet) so I can't actually help you
with the problem itself. All I can do is code validation and pointing
to (maybe) helpful URLs :)