No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the user (freeradius v 2.2.5)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu May 14 15:34:29 CEST 2015

On May 14, 2015, at 9:02 AM, <escalanterj at gmail.com> <escalanterj at gmail.com> wrote:
> I keep getting this error after fixing all the rest. Could you help me?

  You've done two things:

1) failed to tell FreeRADIUS anything about that user.  No "known good" name or password.

2) deleted "pap" from the "authorize" section.  It's there in the default configuration.

  How is FreeRADIUS supposed to authenticate someone when it doesn't know who the user is, or what the correct password is?

  Read the FAQ for how to set up a test user.  Honestly, this should take about 5 minutes at most.