Simultaneous-Use in proxy

Renato Sousa rensousa at gmail.com
Fri May 15 21:13:38 CEST 2015

Hello Alan, Thanks for the reply!

>   You return it the same way you'd return it for local users.  Set it in
> the configuration files.
>
>   The proxy will ALSO need to get and record the accounting packets.
> Otherwise Simultaneous-Use won't work.

I configured the proxy freeradius (2.2.5) and authentication is working as
expected. The requests are being sent to global server freeradius.
However, the control 'Simultaneous-Use' is not working. The accountig
information is being recorded in mysql database.

I configured the users file:

  DEFAULT Simultaneous-Use: = 1
           Fall-Through = 1

The simul_count_query is uncommented in dialup.conf file.

The running freeradius -X makes no reference to 'Simultaneous-Use'
attribute. The following configuration
/etc/freeradius/sites-available/default:
authorize {
preprocess
suffix
eap {
ok = return
}
files
expiration
logintime
pap
}

authenticate {
eap
}

preacct {
preprocess
  update request {
   FreeRADIUS-Acct-Session-Start-Time = "%{expr: %l -
%{%{Acct-Session-Time}:-0} - %{%{Acct-Delay-Time}:-0}}"
}
acct_unique
suffix
files