acct-session-start attribute ?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri May 29 15:11:41 CEST 2015

On May 29, 2015, at 8:27 AM, Jeremy Ravel <Jeremy.Ravel at etu.univ-savoie.fr> wrote:
> When I create an user, i want to be able to put a date when this user will be able to logon
> I added this in the file dictionnary
> ATTRIBUTE Date 3003 string

  That defines an attribute name, and a data type.  You want it to have data type "date", not "string".

  You should give it a more descriptive name, like "Account-Start-Date".  That makes policies easier to understand.

> And i want to compare this date with the current date, but i think i have to add sql request to get this, can i do my query in the police.conf file ?

  Yes.  But you can't just say "use SQL".  You have to understand the process.

  Where are the user credentials stored?  i.e. name, password, etc.  SQL?  If so, put the Account-Start-Date attribute in SQL, along with the other user information.  Use the ":=" operator to set the value of the attribute.  And give it a value which is a date.

  Then in your policy (which has to run AFTER the sql module), compare the attributes.  In v2:

	if (Account-Start-Date < "%{Current-Time}") {
		reject