FreeRadius 3.0.10, radclient status failure

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Nov 3 03:31:51 CET 2015

> On 2 Nov 2015, at 21:14, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>
> On Nov 2, 2015, at 6:41 PM, Systems Administrator <dennison at dark-heart.net> wrote:
>>
>> I upgraded from the freeradius package provided in Ubuntu 14.04.03 to
>> Freeradius 3.0.10 and the radclient command I was using to track the
>> status of the server is no longer providing the server status as it used to:
>>
>> # echo "Message-Authenticator = '0x00',FreeRADIUS-Statistics-Type = 3" |
>> /usr/local/bin/radclient -c  1 -r 1 -t 8 -s 127.0.0.1:18121 status
>> adminsecret
>> (0) Can't determine expected response to Status-Server request, specify
>> a well known RADIUS port, or add a Response-Packet-Type attribute to the
>> request of filter
>
>  I've pushed a fix to the v3.0.x branch in git.  The default expected response should be Access-Accept.

I believe the previous behaviour was correct,  but this'll help the people who can't read log output that explains in detail what the problem was and how to fix it.

Though it'll now fail in an obscure and annoying way (that doesn't explain exactly what the problem was an how to fix it) when sending Status-Server requests to a non standard accounting port.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS development team