freeradius 3.0.x HOW TO ULANG read/write all list keys/values

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Nov 9 23:33:43 CET 2015

On Nov 9, 2015, at 5:26 PM, Michal Tomaszewski <Michal.Tomaszewski at cca.pl> wrote:
> Could you advice how to write and read all reply list parameters to/from database?

  Use v3.1.x from git.

  It has a "map" keyword, where you can map RADIUS attributes directly to SQL columns, and vice-versa.

> I would like to store reply parameters between sessions of the same user without generating them from scratch.

  You could use the cache module in v3.0.  It can cache attributes based on a key (e.g. User-Name) for a long time.

> As I understand writing all parameters to the database is possible using e.g. such command:
> &AllReplyString := "%{pairs:reply:[*]}"
> Then I can write AllReplyString to e.g. SQL database.
>
> But how can I read it back and fill all reply parameters into free radius?

  In v3.0, don't do that.  Use 3.1, or the cache module in v3.0

  SQL database are *terrible* at caching.  You should avoid using them for caching.