Start at boot

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Nov 17 22:24:38 CET 2015

> On Nov 17, 2015, at 4:20 PM, Vito A. Smaldino <vitoantonio.smaldino at istruzione.it> wrote:
>
> Systemd is a very bad animal, it is "Hugely invasive and hardly justified"!
> You can rollback to Upstart (pre 15.04)
> http://sourcedigit.com/15820-switch-off-disable-systemd-in-ubuntu-15-04/

Yeah I was involved in a high performance DHCPv4 project.  During benchmarking we found that systemd had inserted itself into the path of syslog.  We were using syslog to log lease events.  Whilst radiusd was ~40% cpu, systemd had pegged a core trying to process all the log events.  We couldn't find a way to disable it nicely.

-Arran