3GPP-Location-Info

Marc Beaumont marc.beaumont at comms365.com
Mon Nov 23 10:56:38 CET 2015

Thanks for the reponse on this one.

I was hoping to have found an actual coordinate within this info but it looks like the data is not sent to the radius server.

!m!

Marc Beaumont <marc.beaumont at comms365.com> writes:

> I've got accouinting data with the following attribute:
> 3GPP-Location-Info = 0x0032f4030921b8e8
>
> Does anyone know how to decode this or what data is contained in this?

See 3GPP TS 29.061 and 3GPP TS 29.274:
http://www.3gpp.org/DynaReport/29061.htm
http://www.3gpp.org/DynaReport/29274.htm

So what you have there is a CGI location with MCC=234, MNC=30,
LAC=0x0921, CI=0xb8e8.  Unless I screwed up the bit order somewhere.
Which is likely :)

According to http://www.mcc-mnc.com/, that would put this in United
Kingdom and the "Everyth. Ev.wh./T-Mobile" network.  I assume you can
tell immediately if that is nonsense.

In any case, you'll find the formats in those specs so you can decipher
it correctly yourself.

Bjørn

Scanned by MailDefender Plus, powered by Symantec Email Security.cloud
http://www.intycascade.com/products/symantec/