FreeRadius - Version porting

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Oct 1 12:46:54 CEST 2015

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 12:26 PM, srithar jeevadurai
<srijeevadurai1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any throttling done at Free Radius server (latest version 3.0.9)?
> so that when external module response is slow, Radius server would not fill
> the queue with incoming messages (from NAS). i.e. taking messages into
> queue and run into child hung issue.  It uses throttling to have control
> over pending request queue when there is a slowness in the external system
> and queue size increases (since NAS is flooding the radius server).

I suggest you read radiusd.conf that comes with whatever version of FR
you installed first, and see if the tunables there are enough for your
purposes.

Do you want to automatically increase max_requests? Until how big,
unlimited? And what do you want to do with requests already handled,
keep waiting forever?

If you have "slow response from external module", then you should fix
that module. For example,
http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2013-June/066900.html

There's also https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/issues/880
, so if you get that similar error message, latest 2.x should already
fix that.

--
Fajar