Operator to remove attributes

Gary T. Giesen ggiesen+freeradius-users at giesen.me
Thu Oct 1 20:13:32 CEST 2015

I'm currently using FreeRADIUS 2.1.12 with an SQL backend and a
custom-developed front end.

I've run into a situation where we need to be able to apply a group to the
user (that contains a check attribute) that would strip reply items
(basically we want to strip Service-Type, Framed-Protocol,
Framed-IP-Address, Framed-IP-Netmask, Framed-Route, etc) depending on which
device the request is coming from.

I realize that using unlang is probably the best supported method for this,
unfortunately it doesn't jive well with our setup. I noticed a while back
that Joe Maimon wrote some patches to create some custom operators to do
just that:

http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-devel/2005-October/000550.h
tml

"Attribute -= Value"
As a reply item it means remove matching items from the reply list.
Not allowed as a check item.

"Attribute -* Value"
As a reply item it means remove all "Attribute" attributes items from the
reply list.
Not allowed as a check item.

"Attribute -~ Value"
As a reply item it means remove regex matching items from the reply list.
Not allowed as a check item.

Since it's not in the documentation, I presume this never made it into an
official release.  Were there problems with the patch? I'd be very
interested to see this implemented...

Cheers,

Gary T. Giesen