Freeradius 3.0.9 COA Disconnect Configuration

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Oct 4 16:11:28 CEST 2015

On Oct 3, 2015, at 7:08 PM, Joaquin Alzola <Joaquin.Alzola at lebara.com> wrote:
> I have configured COA and have no problem on receiving and sending the COA package:

  What are you trying to do?  That information is useful, too.

> (13) Received Disconnect-Request Id 248 from 192.168.56.101:38327 to 192.168.56.101:3799 length 48

  You're sending the CoA packet to the RADIUS server.  Not the NAS.

  Why?

> Should I expect to see the root user with Session-ID 580 get disconnected?

  No.

> And to to trigger this disconnect automatically?

  No.

  Sending the CoA packet to the RADIUS server just means the RADIUS server receives it.  The server doesn't *do* anything with the CoA packet unless you tell it to do something.

  And the RADIUS server isn't the NAS.  For the NAS to disconnect a user, you have to send the CoA packet to the NAS.