LDAP module problem

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 7 19:47:11 CEST 2015

On Oct 7, 2015, at 1:40 PM, Hossein Rafighi <Hossein.Rafighi at triumf.ca> wrote:
> I installed freeradius-3.0.4-6.el7

  Please don't.  3.0.10 was released this week.  It's trivial to build your own RPM.  And that RPM will include many fixes.

> on Centos 7.1 to replace our existing freeradius-2.1.12-6. I am having difficulty enabling LDAP. LDAP in our existing freeradius-2.1.12-6 works like a charm, but as soon as I enable LDAP in /sites-available/inner-tunnel radiusd won't start. I have linked ldap in /mods-available.

  Did you run the server in debugging mode as suggested in the FAQ, web pages, "man" page, and daily on this list?  No?  Why not?

  The debug output will *tell you* what's going wrong, and why.

> Here is relevant error messages.

  Nope.  None of those messages are relevant.  You're looking at the logs from systemd, not the logs from FreeRADIUS.