Still problems with IOS9 and FR2.2.9

Axel Luttgens axel.luttgens at skynet.be
Fri Oct 9 22:55:23 CEST 2015

> Le 8 oct. 2015 à 10:52, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk a écrit :
>
> […]
> no…..theres no change - its not TLS 1.2 yet - they pulled back
> […]
> correct…because thats the change - they now send EAP-MSCHAPv2 in the inner.

Hello Alan,

Do you have some more detailed infos about Apple’s changes?

I’m asking, because I’m struggling with ios/mac os x clients too (as Mark does), yet with other symptoms.

I’m currently running FR 3.0.4, with OpenSSL 0.9.8y.
ios9 clients, as well as Mac OS X 10.11 clients happily authenticate and connect to our APs, then authenticate and connect again, and so on…
Apparently, there’s something the clients don’t like, and they blindingly try again and again.
The problem is, the clients’ logs, even with increased verbosity, don’t provide any hint.
Or I didn’t manage to have the clients to provide such hints. :-(

I’m now trying to set up FR 3.0.10 with OpenSSL 1.0.2d.
This is the kind of thing I intended to do anyway, but I would be sooo pleased to understand beforehand what those Apple devices expect.

TIA,
Axel