Warning about OpenSSL 1.0.2

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Oct 11 23:26:04 CEST 2015

On Oct 11, 2015, at 2:54 PM, Mathieu Simon (Lists) <matsimon.lists at simweb.ch> wrote:
> The problem is that Ubuntu is using Debian's FreeRADIUS package (unless
> they decide to ship their own package for 16.04) and that is pretty much
> stuck at 2.2.x

  That's something Debian needs to fix, unfortunately.  The previous debian maintainer disappeared, and no one else has stepped up to maintain the package.

  But Debian has 2-3 *other* RADIUS servers, each of which is 10+ years old... and hasn't been *maintained* for 10+ years.

  Why?  Just... why?

> Though there was some activity at Debian, thanks to the people who have
> worked on improving the debian packaging files inside the Debian source
> files.

  We still need a Debian maintainer for FreeRADIUS.  And we need to convince Debian to stop shipping crappy software that is 10+ years old, when better software exists.