FreeRadius LOG

Oscar Jofre oscar at jofre.com
Mon Oct 12 10:51:28 CEST 2015

Hi all !

I have a FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.10, for host i486-pc-linux-gnu  with lots
and lots of clients connected with interim activated.

As you know Acct-Status-Type can be:

       1      Start
       2      Stop
       3      Interim-Update
       7      Accounting-On
       8      Accounting-Off
       9-14   Reserved for Tunnel Accounting
      15      Reserved for Failed

I have a log detail that grows really fast because de interim

                Acct-Status-Type = Interim-Update

Is it possible on the detail log file
var/log/radius/radacct/IP/detail-20151011 only write the Start and Stop
Acct-Status-Type ?

I don’t really use log file, but seems that can be usefull when database is
really busy .. So maybe better according documentation
to keep log detail file.

If I can’t get log detail file with only Start and Stop do you suggest to
disable detail log ?

How can I disable it ?

Thanks a lot !!