"users" defaults move to authorize?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Oct 13 14:20:25 CEST 2015

On Oct 13, 2015, at 7:56 AM, David Aldwinckle <daldwinc at uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> Based on a previous thread (hints file based rewrite does not work (migration from freeradius 1.1.x to 3.0.x) I've been considering the following...
>
> In 2.x I used the "users" file to direct different types of NAS' to different virtual servers, based on some unique attribute. In 3.0.10, should I be doing this in default/authorize, as Alan instructed below?

  The "users" file didn't move to the "authorize" section of the default virtual server,

  The users file moved to raddb/mods-config/files/authorize.  And for various reasons, regular expressions don't work in that file.

  The file still exists, and can be used exactly the same as in v2... just without regular expressions.