src/modules/rlm_eap: Which types are stable?

Jouni Malinen jkmalinen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 19:16:37 CEST 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>   EAP-IKE is rarely used.  But should work.

Is this still based on the libeap-ikev2 from 2006? If so, please note
that I don't think it is compliant with EAP-IKEv2 as defined in RFC
5106. I used to have some workaround code in wpa_supplicant to allow
interop testing with this implementation (under #ifdef CCNS_PL), but I
dropped those last year since there does not seem to be any point in
maintaining non-compliant implementation. I would discourage any
deployments based on this old implementation unless those compliancy
issues with the published RFC are first addressed. As such, I hope
that this does not get documented as "working" in FreeRADIUS..

- Jouni