Use update control for VLAN with ntlm_auth

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Oct 14 20:40:21 CEST 2015

Hi,

> I use free radius version 3.0.10 and the ntlm_auth for authenticate users via 802.1x over the AD
> Now i wan’t to setup switches with dynamic VLAN configuration.
>
> I tried to use in the authorize section unter default and inner-tunnel
>
> mschap
> if ( ok ) {
> 	update control {
> 		Tunnel-Type = 13,
> 		Tunnel-Medium-Type = 6,
> 		Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = 8
> 	}
>                 }

NOT control. control is for the FreeRADIUS server (to CONTROL it), you need
to follow the docs and examples and update the reply instead.  you'll also need
to check with your vendor about what attributes and values to return..
eg you may need

Tunnel-Type = VLAN
Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802
Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = 8