Getting value from shell scripts

Randeep randeep123 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 11:39:23 CEST 2015

Hi Fajar,

Thanks for the links.

I'm using the version 3.0.8 and documentation is same.

The example you have given is to send parameters in the reply. But my case
is different.

I need to get this value from the script to the default file and do a
comparison there and if the total data crosses the maximum data allowed
then send a FUP rate-limit.

Tmp-Integer-0 := "%{sql:SELECT (SUM(acctinputoctets)+SUM(acctoutputoctets))
AS Total FROM radacct where radacct.username='%{User-Name}'}"

        #Value of Max-Data from the radgroupcheck for the group of the user
        Tmp-Integer-1 := "%{sql: SELECT radgroupcheck.value FROM
radusergroup INNER JOIN radgroupcheck ON radusergroup.groupname =
radgroupcheck.groupname WHERE  radusergroup.username='%{User-Name}' AND
radgroupcheck.attribute='Max-Data'}"

date_usage(from script) + Tmp-Integer-0 > Tmp-Integer-1   then apply FUP
date_usage(from script) + Tmp-Integer-0 < Tmp-Integer-1   then dont apply
FUP

Or are you saying that I can just create some temp variable in default file
and echo the value of data_usage to it?

I have changed the values of output_pairs and ouput to none.

Regards,
Randeep

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 3:34 PM, Randeep <randeep123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have wrote a shell script and defined in exec module.
> >

> > Script is as follows:
> > [root at freeradius ~]# cat /scripts/get_streaming_data_usage.sh
> > #/bin/bash
> >
> > #get the framed IP_address:
> > framed_ip_address = $1
> > #Get the usage in bytes:
> > data_usage = `grep "$framed_ip_address" /scripts/user-bandwidth.txt | cut
> > -d , -f 4`
> >
> > How can I get the value of data_usage inside the file
> > /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
> >

> Have you read the documentation? It should be included within your
> installation.
>
> The online verison for 3.0.9:
> http://networkradius.com/doc/3.0.9/raddb/mods-available/exec.html
>
> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.0.x/scripts/exec-program-wait