rlm_digest failing after upgrade from 2.1.12 to 2.2.5

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 22 17:49:02 CEST 2015

On Oct 22, 2015, at 11:25 AM, Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.pro> wrote:
> The shared secret was not changed when upgrading the system from Debian
> wheezy to jessie.  We compared the client and server configs and the
> secret appears to be the same in both.  It had all been working fine for
> quite some time.  If nobody has seen anything like this before, I'll try
> adding some more logging code or running it in a debugger.

  <shrug>

a) the shared secret is wrong on the client

b) the shared secret is wrong on the server

c) the client calculates the packet signature incorrectly

d) the server calculates the packet signature incorrectly

  Pick one.

  You can always run radclient from the client machine, too.  That would give you another test.