3.0.10 fails to start (OpenSuse 13.2)

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Oct 28 16:31:16 CET 2015

Thomas Stather wrote:
> I installed freeradius-server 3.0.10 from the OpenSuse "network" repo
> (OpenSuse OBS)

Do you mean this one?

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network/freeradius-server

Note that openSUSE 13.2 builds are disabled there.

AFAICS there are no freeradius packages in the accompanying repo download
directory:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network/openSUSE_13.2/

> Information for package freeradius-server:
> Repository: Networking services and related tools (openSUSE_Tumbleweed)
> Name: freeradius-server
> Version: 3.0.10-91.3
> Arch: x86_64
> Vendor: obs://build.opensuse.org/network
> Installed: Yes
>   The FreeRADIUS server has a number of features found in other servers
>   and additional features not found in any other server.
> --------------------------------------

I wonder what you've really installed.

> but when i try to start it, i get:
>
> --------------------------------------
> radius1:~ # radiusd -X
> libssl version mismatch.  built: 1000204f linked: 100010bf
> --------------------------------------
>
> How can i fix this?
> I assume this is because of a mismatched OpenSSL version.

In OBS package/project maintainers can decide which other packages/projects
are used during building a package. Without knowing where exactly you got the
packages from and your installation method I can't tell whether something's
wrong with your packages.

I've enabled building for openSUSE 13.2 in my branch repo for freeradius packages:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:stroeder:branches:network/freeradius-server

The accompaning repo URL for openSUSE 13.2:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/stroeder:/branches:/network/openSUSE_13.2/

zypper ar --refresh
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/stroeder:/branches:/network/openSUSE_13.2/home:stroeder:branches:network.repo

Note that this repo might be removed at any time.

Packages from there will have another vendor like in the info on my rasperry pi:

# zypper info freeradius-server
Reading installed packages...

Information for package freeradius-server:
Repository: Branch project for package freeradius-server (openSUSE_Factory_ARM)
Name: freeradius-server
Version: 3.0.10-100.6
Arch: armv6hl
Vendor: obs://build.opensuse.org/home:stroeder
[..]

Ciao, Michael.