3.0.10 fails to start (OpenSuse 13.2)

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Oct 28 23:04:56 CET 2015

Matthew Newton wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 05:36:51PM +0000, Alan Buxey wrote:
>> Oooh. Recent SAMBA 4 stuff? I'm interested.  I'll have to check now to see what the version is...
>
> Looks like 4.3.1 :)
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/samba:/STABLE/openSUSE_13.2/x86_64/

Note that this is kind of a development repo which feeds what goes into
Factory/Tumbleweed. This is *not what you get from a plain openSUSE 13.2
installation.

Samba shipped in stock openSUSE 13.2 update repo seems to be currently 4.1.19:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:13.2:Update/samba

How the OBS projects are linked is better viewable within OBS:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network:samba:STABLE/samba
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network/freeradius-server

In the upper right corner you can see "Links to" or "Devel package for".

Samba to be released with upcoming Leap 42.1 (to be finally released within a
week) seems to be 4.2.4:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Leap:42.1/samba

Fortunately they accepted my vote for freeradius-server 3.0.10 in Leap 42.1:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Leap:42.1/freeradius-server

Does not look too bad.

Ciao, Michael. (not a openSUSE developer)