Where is PAP problem

Tevfik Ceydeliler tevfik.ceydeliler at astron.yasar.com.tr
Mon Sep 7 10:11:18 CEST 2015

Hi,
I try to authenticate my user from PFsense by using itself as  NAS,
But I get auth-reject. Dont know why
Here is sites-available conf file and debug  log:
authorize {

update reply {
Huntgroup-Name := "%{sql:SELECT groupname FROM radhuntgroup WHERE
nasipaddress='%{NAS-IP-Address}'}"
}

     preprocess
     chap
     mschap
     digest
     suffix
     eap {
         ok = return
     }
     files
     sql
     expiration
     logintime
}

authenticate {
     Auth-Type PAP {
         pap
     }
     Auth-Type CHAP {
         chap
     }
     Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
         mschap
     }
     digest
     unix
     eap
}

preacct {
     preprocess
     suffix
}

accounting {
     detail
     unix
     radutmp
     sqlippool
     exec
}

session {
     radutmp
}

post-auth {
     sqlippool
     reply_log
     exec

pre-proxy {
}

post-proxy {
     eap
}

--SQL User and Group attributes:
mysql> select * from radcheck where username  like "tevfikceydeliler"
     -> ;
+-----+------------------+--------------------+----+--------+
| id  | username         | attribute          | op | value  |
+-----+------------------+--------------------+----+--------+
| 595 | tevfikceydeliler | Cleartext-Password | := | Test01 |
+-----+------------------+--------------------+----+--------+

mysql> select * from radusergroup where username  like "tevfikceydeliler"
     -> ;
+------------------+---------------+----------+
| username         | groupname     | priority |
+------------------+---------------+----------+
| tevfikceydeliler | UGR_Test_Wifi |        0 |
+------------------+---------------+----------+

radgroupcheck is ;
+----+------------------------------------+----------------+----+---------------------------+
| id | groupname                          | attribute      | op |
value                     |
+----+------------------------------------+----------------+----+---------------------------+
| 48 | UGR_Test_Wifi                      | NAS-IP-Address | != |
10.1.1.71                 |
| 50 | UGR_Test_Wifi                      | Auth-Type      | := |
Reject                    |
+----+------------------------------------+----------------+----+---------------------------+

--And debug log file is like that:

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 10.1.1.75 port 24348, id=217,
length=138
     NAS-IP-Address = 10.1.1.75
     NAS-Identifier = "fwguest.yasar.com.tr"
     User-Name = "tevfikceydeliler"
     User-Password = "Test01"
     Service-Type = Login-User
     NAS-Port-Type = Ethernet
     NAS-Port = 2000
     Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.67.50
     Called-Station-Id = "10.1.1.75"
     Calling-Station-Id = "c8:f7:33:38:20:ac"
# Executing section authorize from file
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/default
+- entering group authorize {...}
sql_xlat
     expand: %{User-Name} -> tevfikceydeliler
sql_set_user escaped user --> 'tevfikceydeliler'
     expand: SELECT groupname FROM radhuntgroup WHERE
nasipaddress='%{NAS-IP-Address}' -> SELECT groupname FROM radhuntgroup
WHERE nasipaddress='10.1.1.75'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 0
sql_xlat finished
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 0
     expand: %{sql:SELECT groupname FROM radhuntgroup WHERE
nasipaddress='%{NAS-IP-Address}'} -> PfSense
++[reply] returns notfound
++[preprocess] returns ok
++[chap] returns noop
++[mschap] returns noop
++[digest] returns noop
[suffix] No '@' in User-Name = "tevfikceydeliler", looking up realm NULL
[suffix] No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix] returns noop
[eap] No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
++[eap] returns noop
++[files] returns noop
[sql]     expand: %{User-Name} -> tevfikceydeliler
[sql] sql_set_user escaped user --> 'tevfikceydeliler'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4
[sql]     expand: SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op
FROM radcheck           WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}'
ORDER BY id -> SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op           FROM
radcheck           WHERE username = 'tevfikceydeliler'
    ORDER BY id
[sql] User found in radcheck table
[sql]     expand: SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op
FROM radreply           WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}'
ORDER BY id -> SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op           FROM
radreply           WHERE username = 'tevfikceydeliler'
    ORDER BY id
[sql]     expand: SELECT groupname           FROM radusergroup
WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}' ORDER BY priority -> SELECT
groupname           FROM radusergroup           WHERE username =
'tevfikceydeliler' ORDER BY priority
[sql]     expand: SELECT id, groupname, attribute,           Value,
op           FROM radgroupcheck           WHERE groupname =
'%{Sql-Group}'           ORDER BY id -> SELECT id, groupname,
attribute,           Value, op           FROM radgroupcheck
WHERE groupnam
e = 'UGR_Test_Wifi'           ORDER BY id
[sql] User found in group UGR_Test_Wifi
[sql]     expand: SELECT id, groupname, attribute,           value,
op           FROM radgroupreply           WHERE groupname =
'%{Sql-Group}'           ORDER BY id -> SELECT id, groupname,
attribute,           value, op           FROM radgroupreply
WHERE groupnam
e = 'UGR_Test_Wifi'           ORDER BY id
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4
++[sql] returns ok
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
[pap] WARNING: Auth-Type already set.  Not setting to PAP
++[pap] returns noop
Found Auth-Type = Reject
Auth-Type = Reject, rejecting user
Failed to authenticate the user.
Using Post-Auth-Type Reject
# Executing group from file /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/default
+- entering group REJECT {...}
[attr_filter.access_reject]     expand: %{User-Name} -> tevfikceydeliler
attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11
++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated
Delaying reject of request 5 for 1 seconds
Going to the next request
Waking up in 0.9 seconds.
Sending delayed reject for request 5
Sending Access-Reject of id 217 to 10.1.1.75 port 24348