Radius and MYSQL

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Sep 8 19:07:01 CEST 2015

On Sep 8, 2015, at 12:18 PM, Alexandre Vilarinho <vilarinhomail-dev at yahoo.com.br> wrote:

  You need to edit your replies so that they contain only the relevant information.  Making people go through tons of old text is annoying.

>    Alex - I want to send this attribute as a reply. Since, iI want to send some information to the NAS do I need to configure this parameters here?

  What did I say?  What does the documentation say?  Reply items go in the reply table.

  Why are you asking a question which was already answered?

>     Alex - I want to reply some user information to the NAS (Cisco Router), so have to add to the radgroupreply database the following configuration line, right?

  Why are you asking a question which was already answered?

> Alex - I used the following command's to start freeradius in debugging mode
> /etc/init.d/freeradius stopfreeradius -XA the end it sowed the following lines:
> rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_mysql (module rlm_sql_mysql) loaded and linkedrlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to radius at localhost:/radiusrlm_sql (sql): starting 0rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #0rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #0rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #0rlm_sql (sql): starting 1rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #1rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #1rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #1rlm_sql (sql): starting 2rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #2rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #2rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #2rlm_sql (sql): starting 3rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #3rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #3rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #3rlm_sql (sql): starting 4rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #4rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #4rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #4rlm_sql (sql): Processing generate_sql_clientsrlm_sql (sql) in generate_sql_clients: query is SELECT id, nasname, shortname, type, secret, server FROM nasrlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4rlm_sql (sql): Read entry nasname=192.168.10.1,shortname=R1,secret=networkrlm_sql (sql): Adding client 192.168.10.1 (R1, server=<none>) to clients listWARNING: Ignoring duplicate client 192.168.10.1rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4 Module: Checking accounting {...} for more modules to load Module: Checking session {...} for more modules to load Module: Checking post-proxy {...} for more modules to load Module: Checking post-auth {...} for more modules to load } # modules} # serverradiusd: #### Opening IP addresses and Ports ####listen { type = "auth" ipaddr = * port = 0Failed binding to authentication address * port 1812: Address already in use /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf[240]: Error binding to port for 0.0.0.0 port 1812

  This is annoying.  If you're going to post badly formatted crap, I'm going to start ignoring your messages.

  And you need to READ the debug output.  It's not difficult.  There's already a server running.

  Fix that.

  And put a little more work into thinking for yourself.  It's OK to not be an expert.  It's rude to make it difficult for others to help you.