Freeradius and Kerberos

Jürgen Obermeyer om at oegym.de
Thu Sep 10 16:06:21 CEST 2015

Good afternoon!

I'm a german teacher and responsible for the computer network at my
school. I would like to authenticate users intending to connect with our
WLAN by using their credentials stored in a Kerberos database. I read a
lot of documentation, but due to the fact that I'm a teacher and not a
professional system adminstrator, I'm not able to get things work and I
hope for some help!

What I have:
- an Ubuntu box (14.04 server) with a running MIT-Kerberos infrastructure
- freeradius 2.1.12 on this box
- an AP with "WPA enterprise" (WPA-EAP)

I've done a lot of configuration and if I try to connect to the WLAN via
the AP, freeradius is presenting his certificate and prompts me for user
credentials. The packet freeradius-krb5 is installed and configured
properly (I hope). But the authentication doesn't work.

There a so much config details that I don't know exactly what kind of
information may be useful to solve my problem. Maybe there is a tutorial
describing step by step what I have to do?

And: I hope that it is possible to an authentication against Kerberos?

Thanks a lot for your hints!

Jürgen

--
Ökumenisches Gymnasium Bremen