EAP session problem

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon Sep 14 11:45:59 CEST 2015

> On 14 Sep 2015, at 10:30, Matthew Newton <mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 09:41:20AM +0200, Stefano Pardini wrote:
>> That interesting pragmatic response!
>
> Trying to solve problems without logic is going to lead to a lot
> of flailing around and pain.
>
>> The APs and the radius server aren't in the same broadcast domain (I
>> know, it's not a good policy).
>
> There's nothing wrong with that.
>
>> Maybe some firewall issue?
>
> If that's the case then your RADIUS server wouldn't see anything.
> So you can rule that one out.
>
> In extreme cases, network MTU stopping larger requests getting
> through. But I'd still expect to see another requests from the
> client before that could even slightly become a possibility. So
> rule that out as well.

The next step is the supplicant to attempt to continue with the EAP method it supports.  You could try setting the default method (eap.default_eap_type) to the one you expect the client to perform, and see if that helps.  The supplicant may be failing to perform negotiation properly.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS development team