3.0.x: user-password length decoding sometimes wrong?

stefan.winter at restena.lu stefan.winter at restena.lu
Tue Sep 15 18:44:14 CEST 2015

Hi,

>> Still, is there any chance that the server-side parsing could be made a
>> little more forgiving?
>
>   Not really.  The change was made to be compatible with other
> systems which do sane things.  I don't want to fix one thing and
> break another.

Which has now happened for my client ;-)

Anyway, fair enough.

>   My fix for this in 3.0 is as follows.  A bit convoluted, but it works.

My fix is to create a time capsule for the client. Clone the RADIUS
server VM, revert the clone to the previous version of FreeRADIUS...
and tell the client to talk to that server.

This incident triggered a somewhat aggressive EOL of the machine in
question anyway :-)

Greetings,

Stefan Winter