Freeradius DHCP and radius accounting

Alain Cocconi cocconi at canl.net
Mon Sep 21 07:38:15 CEST 2015

Hi,

I've a working configuration with Freeradius doing radius AAA for PPPoE
subscribers on a Cisco ASR1006 BRAS and proxiing accounting packets to a
Subscriber Management Policer (SMP) server.
Each time a subscriber is authenticated, a radius Class attribute is
send into the replied packet, then the BRAS put it in each radius
accounting packets.
Those accounting packets are proxied to the SMP server by the Freeradius
server.
These configuration is working fine since many many years now.
But because of FTTH is coming in my region now, I've to switch from
PPPoE to a IPoE and using DHCP.
So I've done a lab with a working Freeradius DHCP server (Freeradius
DHCP is working great!), but after checking again and again docs, wiki
and web, I can't find a solution to do a radius accounting packet
instead of a DHCP accounting packet or asking my cisco to do radius
accounting and not DHCP accounting.
If someone has an idea it would be nice to share it with me.

Regards