Rest API for authentication

Randeep randeep123 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 12:47:54 CEST 2015

Thanks Herwin,

What I understand from here is we need to write all the logic and codes
required in the rest api service(in whichever language we are writing it).

But we already have one Radius server with all the logics and
configurations.

We are using mikrotik NAS. It has hotspot service also. Is it possible we
can use hotpost for  authentication via API?

Regards,
Randeep

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Herwin Weststrate <herwin at quarantainenet.nl
> wrote:

> On 01-09-15 12:53, Randeep wrote:
> > Hi Herwin,
> >
> > We have our own mpls network. Set top boxes use pppoe to login to our
> > network.
> >
> > We have some boxes which doesn't have pppoe support. For them we are
> > looking for some authentication mechanism. So if it can be done via a
> respt
> > api to the same radius database, it would solve our problem.
>
> That would be possible, but keep in mind that rest only provides a
> transport mechanism, all the logic still has to be built in the server
> that provides the rest service. You can compare it to the exec module,
> it can only execute a program, the logic to make decisions here should
> go into that program, not in the module itself.
> If you literally mean database, the sql modules would be a far better
> choice.
>
> Theres is a demo.pl included with the source. That, along with the
> config example are pretty clear on how to configure the rest module
> (even though they don't work together out of the box). If that is
> complete gibberish to you, than I don't think the rest module is
> suitable for you.
>
> --
> Herwin Weststrate

Randeep